Before I get started, please do not make your soap with palm oil. It contributes to the deforestation of the rainforest and ruins the environment and ecosystems for orang-utans. Four percent of green house gases are directly linked to palm oil harvesting as well.
1. Six ounces of olive or coconut oil as a base.
2. Two tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Fifteen drops of essential oils, if you want.
4. Dried herbs or flower petals if you want.
5. Soap molds (to make them into whatever shape you want)
6. A microwave.
8. Microwave safe bowl.
9. Plastic spoon/stirring stick.
How to get started:
The easiest way to get started is with a melt and pour soap base that already contains olive oil or a soap base with coconut oil and add the pure olive oil.
1. Line up all the ingredients you’re going to use and have them ready to put into the mold.
2. Cut 6 ounces of the olive oil base or coconut oil base into small pieces.
3. Heat the base in the microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between the heating sessions.
4. When the base is melted, quickly add the 2 ounces of olive oil and whatever essential oils or dried flowers/herbs you’re planning on using into the mixture, make sure to stir them all in, this is essential.
5. Quickly pour them into whatever shape mold you’re using, in either two 3 ounce molds, or one 6 ounce.